The Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of St Charles Borromeo – Scalabrinians was founded by Blessed John Baptist Scalabrini in Piacenza on October 25, 1895, with the co-founders, the servant of God Father Joseph Marchetti and Blessed Assunta Marchetti.
The Congregation has its General House in Rome, it is made up of 3 provinces, and 1 Delegation in Asia and are present in 26 countries. The headquarters of Our Lady of Fatima Province is in Melrose Park, Illinois U.S.A., and the sisters have missions in: Canada, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Mexico and United States of America.
The Scalabrinian Missionary Sisters have dedicated themselves – and still do – to education, social and pastoral activities, the pastoral care of the sick, catechesis, evangelization, and collaboration with local churches to assist migrants and refugees and the poor. In response to the challenges of human mobility and faithful to the charism that the Church has entrusted to her, the Congregation becomes present through the witness of consecrated life and in the evangelical and missionary service to migrants and refugees, especially to the poorest and neediest. The spirit that animates it is of universal communion, for it desires to make visible the vocation of the members to recognize, love and serve Christ in the person of migrants and refugees.